– To help inform residents in northern Armstrong and southern Clarion counties about their rights and responsibilities as gun owners, Rep. Donna Oberlander (R-Clarion/Armstrong/Forest) will host the next presentation of her Firearms Rights and Safety Seminar on Saturday, April 29, at the Distant Fire Hall.
“Firearms owners in western Pennsylvania cherish their Second Amendment rights, and they know that to keep this important right, they must be responsible gun owners,” Oberlander said. “The Firearms Safety and Rights Seminars we’ve been holding throughout the 63rd District have been popular because of the willingness of people to come and learn more about their responsibilities. I’m happy to offer another presentation in Armstrong County so that we can reach even more people.”
Guest speakers, Armstrong County Sheriff Bill Rupert and District Attorney Scott Andreassi, will focus on a wide variety of firearms safety and Second Amendment subjects including:
- Process to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
- Circumstances under which a permit can be revoked.
- What to do when coming in contact with a member of law enforcement while carrying a concealed weapon.
- Details surrounding Pennsylvania’s Castle Doctrine and other valuable information regarding state gun laws.
Concealed carry license applications through the Armstrong County Sheriff’s Office will also be available at this event.
The seminar is free of charge, and will be held from 9:30-11 a.m.
Seating is limited and will fill up quickly, so interested individuals should pre-register as soon as possible by calling Oberlander’s Elderton district office at (724) 354-3500, or signing up via her website at www.RepOberlander.com.
The fire hall is located at 2239 Madison Road, Distant
Representative Donna Oberlander
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton