– More than a quarter million dollars in state grants will benefit 23 fire and ambulance companies in the 63rd District, Rep. Donna Oberlander (R-Clarion/Armstrong/Forest) announced today.
The funding will be used to construct or renovate a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair equipment, take training or reduce existing debt. In total, more than $264,283 will be granted to companies that applied for the funding last fall. All grants are funded by slot machine proceeds and not tax money.
“Volunteers from throughout Clarion, Armstrong and Forest counties spend much of their time raising funds to update their equipment, make changes to their structures or just pay their utilities,” Oberlander said. “These first response organizations are our virtual lifelines in times of crisis; they respond to home and business fires; they rescue and care for accident victims; and they help us during some of Mother Nature’s worst disasters. And they are valued members of our communities, and that’s why I am grateful this grant program exists to help relieve a bit of their financial burden.”
The following is a list of local fire and ambulance companies in the 63rd District and the amount of their grant awards:
- Dayton District Volunteer Fire Company -- $12,101.
- Distant Area Volunteer Fire Department – $12,358.
- Elderton District Volunteer Fire Company – $12,101.
- Parker City Volunteer Fire Department -- $25,402.
- Pine Township Volunteer Fire Company -- $12,616.
- Sugarcreek Township Ambulance Service -- $7,448.
- Sugarcreek Township Volunteer Fire Department -- $13,130.
- Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department -- $11,844.
- Callensburg-Licking Township Volunteer Fire Company -- $12,358.
- Clarion Fire and Hose Company No. 1 -- $11,844.
- East Brady Area Ambulance Service -- $4,979.
- East Brady Volunteer Fire Department – $11,145.
- Hawthorn Area Volunteer Fire Department -- $11,844.
- Knox Area Volunteer Ambulance Company -- $5,304.
- Knox Volunteer Fire Company -- $13,130.
- Limestone Township Volunteer Fire Company -- $11,844.
- Millcreek Township Volunteer Fire Department -- $11,844.
- New Bethlehem Fire Company No. 1 -- $12,358.
- Perry Township Volunteer Fire Department – $10,161.
- Rimersburg Hose Company -- $11,844.
- Sligo Volunteer Fire Department. Inc. – $11,844.
- Southern Clarion County Volunteer Ambulance -- $7,448.
- Strattanville Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 -- $9,336.
Representative Donna Oberlander
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton
RepOberlander.com / Facebook.com/RepOberlander